Electric Rain Bulletin Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Electric Rain Bulletin Board » General » 3D Lounge » Interactive 3D

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Interactive 3D
Hyper
Member # 2549

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyper   Author's Homepage   Email Hyper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Ive had a client ask me to produce interactive 3d objects for the web. They want the user to have the ability to rotate and move objects.
The last time I did anything like this would have been about 3 years ago with Quicktime VR. Are there any more options available these days?
Can it be done with Swift?

Posts: 3 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
log2e
Member # 1184

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for log2e   Author's Homepage   Email log2e   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can't generate QTVRs from Swift. But you can render the animated objects in Swift, import them into Flash, and add the interactivity there.

--------------------
Advanced Modeler Tutorial

Posts: 335 | From: Germany | Registered: Jan 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Hyper
Member # 2549

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyper   Author's Homepage   Email Hyper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks! Any tutorials or examples you can point me to?
Posts: 3 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is not enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Electric Rain Home Page

Want to join our Forum? Click the 'Contact Us' link above and we will send you an invite.