Electric Rain Bulletin Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Electric Rain Bulletin Board » ERAIN Products » Swift 3D LW » Known Issue running Build 029 with Lightwave 8.0.1 on OS X

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Known Issue running Build 029 with Lightwave 8.0.1 on OS X
The Electrician
Administrator
Member # 8

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Electrician   Email The Electrician   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Known Issue running Build 029 with Lightwave 8.0.1 on OS X:

This build will not save vector renders out to file. A new build is being worked on and I will post when it is available for download.

In the meantime, the only workaround is to stick with your LW 8 installation.

Thanks for your patience.

Christine
ERAIN Tech Support

[ October 15, 2004, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: The Electrician ]

Posts: 733 | From: Vermont | Registered: Apr 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Krantz
Member # 2605

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krantz   Author's Homepage   Email Krantz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does build 053 resolve this error? I am anxious to upgrade to LW 8.0.1.
Thnx

Posts: 11 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Dec 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
The Electrician
Administrator
Member # 8

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Electrician   Email The Electrician   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should have updated this post. As it turns out, the error is not ours. Newtek put a 32 character limit on text fields, which means our file save as field only works if there are 32 characters or less. So you can render, you just have to keep your file paths and names short.

Newtek will have this fixed in 8.02.

Christine
ERAIN Tech Support

Posts: 733 | From: Vermont | Registered: Apr 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
macmao
Member # 4528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for macmao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there, I am running Lightwave 9 on Imac 24" and would like to know if the Swift3d LW3 works on Lightwave 9 and above? Is it Mac Universal Compatible?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 2008  | Report this post to a Moderator
Krantz
Member # 2605

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krantz   Author's Homepage   Email Krantz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No it is not universal and will not work on LW UB, it will work in the non UB version of LW 9, but honestly it isn't very good.
Posts: 11 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Dec 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
InfoCentral
Member # 3493

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for InfoCentral   Email InfoCentral   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, so the plug-in will work with LW 9 but has poor results? I did see that e-rain states its only good till version 8.5 and not above. I was sad to see that it wasn't going to be continued. I was hoping for a little update and perhaps a CORE one too. I would be happy if they added LW file support into the standalone.
Posts: 57 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Electric Rain Home Page

Want to join our Forum? Click the 'Contact Us' link above and we will send you an invite.