Electric Rain Bulletin Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Electric Rain Bulletin Board » ERAIN Products » Swift 3D MAX » newbie question.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: newbie question.
ThreeD
Member # 2274

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThreeD   Email ThreeD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am new to vector graphics and wish to know if Swift 3d can import 3ds or dxf from my 3d program and render an animation in vector to flash mx.

I have seen the intro about import but not sure if this is meant for the plug-in for 3ds Max/ Lightwave only.

Thank you.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Aug 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
log2e
Member # 1184

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for log2e   Author's Homepage   Email log2e   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The stand-alone-version of Swift 3D can import 3ds or dxf models. You cannot import whole animations though. The animation part has to be done in Swift 3D itself.

If you already have a software package like 3DS Max or Lightwave the respective Swift 3D plug-in is the better solution. The plug-in allows you to render Flash-ready vector animations directly from your favorite 3D application.

--------------------
Advanced Modeler Tutorial

Posts: 335 | From: Germany | Registered: Jan 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
ThreeD
Member # 2274

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThreeD   Email ThreeD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, I found out in the video, isn't character animation difficult if no soft interpolations just the mesh name?

I don't use the two major app, so have to be sure it can be done before suggesting it to my employer.
I can export 3ds from my current software, is there any indepth character animations using Swift3d?

thanks.

log2e
Member # 1184

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for log2e   Author's Homepage   Email log2e   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for now, Swift 3D V4 doesn't support animatable soft deformations of a mesh. Your character would have to consist of single objects for each body part.

For more information have a look at this thread:
http://www.erain.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=16&t=000545

[ August 20, 2004, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: log2e ]

--------------------
Advanced Modeler Tutorial

Posts: 335 | From: Germany | Registered: Jan 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
ThreeD
Member # 2274

Rate Member
Thank you very much, I will look into it.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Electric Rain Home Page

Want to join our Forum? Click the 'Contact Us' link above and we will send you an invite.