Electric Rain Bulletin Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Electric Rain Bulletin Board » ERAIN Products » Swift 3D » Export to Papervision 3D gives blank swf

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Export to Papervision 3D gives blank swf
dougburnett
Member # 4774

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for dougburnett   Author's Homepage   Email dougburnett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is probably a simple answer to this, but when I use the "Export to Papervision" option from Swift 3D v.5 and I open it up in Flash CS3, all I get is a white screen. My collada object does not appear. I double checked the document class and even gave a direct class path to the Papervision export folder but I still get nothing.

One issue could be that I run Swift 3D on the Windows side of my Mac and I run Flash CS3 on the Mac side. Would this cause the problem. Also, I have pv3d 2.0 installed but the export folder already has the papervision directory files anyway so that shouldn't matter. I tried removing the class path to pv3d 2.0 in the general preferences but still nothing.

When I publish the file, I receive no Complier errors but I do get a long list of Output errors that read:

code:
 Papervision3D Beta RC1 (18.06.07)

DisplayObject3D: null
DisplayObject3D: Extrusion
TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at org.papervision3d.objects::Collada/buildObject()
at org.papervision3d.objects::Collada/parseGeometry()
at org.papervision3d.objects::Collada/parseNode()
at org.papervision3d.objects::Collada/parseScene()
at org.papervision3d.objects::Collada/buildCollada()
at org.papervision3d.objects::Collada/onComplete()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()
TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at org.papervision3d.core.geom::Mesh3D/project()
at org.papervision3d.objects::DisplayObject3D/project()
at org.papervision3d.core.proto::SceneObject3D/renderCamera()
at ERMain/EROnEnterFrame()

I appreciate any help you are able to give.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2008  | Report this post to a Moderator
jfoley
Administrator
Member # 36

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jfoley   Author's Homepage   Email jfoley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure whats going on with your export but "Papervision3D Beta RC1 (18.06.07)" appears to be a release candidate for Papervision 3D 1.1. I'd do a product up on you Swift 3D application (Click Web Assistant and then select Product Updates).
Posts: 444 | From: Colorado | Registered: May 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason
Member # 1022

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same problem - and my Swift3D v5 is up to date (latest build 662).

I made a simple model, exported it to Papervision 3d - opened it in Flash CS3 and it worked fine 2-3 times that I did it. On the 3rd or 4th time, the model doesn't appear at all (and I don't get any errors).

--------------------
- Jason

Posts: 7 | Registered: Nov 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
prototype
Member # 856

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for prototype     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not positive if it involves V5 but see Rainwriter's reply near bottom of this thread:
http://www.erain.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=21;t=001932

Posts: 1444 | From: Foot of the Rocky Mountains | Registered: Sep 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Electric Rain Home Page

Want to join our Forum? Click the 'Contact Us' link above and we will send you an invite.