Electric Rain Bulletin Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Electric Rain Bulletin Board » ERAIN Products » Swift 3D » make outline (only) around entire shape

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: make outline (only) around entire shape
redfuse
Member # 4665

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for redfuse   Email redfuse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was trying to make a completely black filled object, with a white outline, only around the entire shape. So when I make a sphere, this works fine, but when I make a cube, it also makes outlines on the edges. Is there a way to only outline the outer shape?
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2008  | Report this post to a Moderator
prototype
Member # 856

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for prototype     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't do it in swift3d but if your animation isn't too long you could take your object into flash and use the ink bottle tool to drop an outline on the edges. Maybe labor intensive but a work-around. Something worth mentioning in the wish list forum.
Posts: 1444 | From: Foot of the Rocky Mountains | Registered: Sep 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
BlinkOk
Member # 983

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlinkOk   Email BlinkOk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you could render it as a .swft (separate outline layer).
then in flash drag the outline layer BEHIND the colour layer.

Posts: 1424 | Registered: Nov 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
jfoley
Administrator
Member # 36

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jfoley   Author's Homepage   Email jfoley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or, you could export your animation and then apply a filter to it with AS3. The drop shadow filter can give you that solid line around the contour of your objects if you set up the filter just right.
Posts: 444 | From: Colorado | Registered: May 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Electric Rain Home Page

Want to join our Forum? Click the 'Contact Us' link above and we will send you an invite.