Electric Rain Bulletin Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Electric Rain Bulletin Board » ERAIN Products » Swift 3D » How to draw?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to draw?
Hw2002
Member # 2456

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hw2002   Email Hw2002   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello again and again [Big Grin]

Im getting closer people thanks to you [Smile]

I dont know where to start, i want to learn how to make a bird, maybe computer (3d), a charactor, everytime i do something it looks very bad...so i start over, and then its not even good at all..

How can I start to understand how to make man, woman, kid, cars (3d) ??

I hope someone can help me out [Confused]

And thanks for your help, and sorry for my language.

regards,
hw2002

Posts: 33 | From: Denmark | Registered: Oct 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
log2e
Member # 1184

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for log2e   Author's Homepage   Email log2e   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Realistic looking characters, animals or cars are very complex objects. It takes a lot of time, patience and practice to become a good modeler. As a 3D beginner you can become frustrated very quickly if your initial goals are set too high.

My advice is that you should start with some simple objects to get familiar with Swift's modeling tools. Once you master your tools you can tackle more challenging tasks.

Follow tutorials! You will find a lot of helpful tutorials on erain.com and swiftdev.com. And finally, practice, practice, practice! [Wink]

--------------------
Advanced Modeler Tutorial

Posts: 335 | From: Germany | Registered: Jan 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
prototype
Member # 856

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for prototype     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great advice log2e!

It's like opening Maya and expecting to turn out Shrek 3 in a couple of weeks.

Take steps and build your confidence. You'll find it starts coming quickly once you have mastered the basics.

Also don't forget that 3D modeling is an artform. Take the time to really "look" at your surroundings and pay attention to the basic shapes of things and how their texture is made up. Watch for the little things that make up movement.

[Smile]

Posts: 1444 | From: Foot of the Rocky Mountains | Registered: Sep 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Hw2002
Member # 2456

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hw2002   Email Hw2002   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for replying..and thanks for the tip..

I will use more time on swift3d [Big Grin]

Posts: 33 | From: Denmark | Registered: Oct 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Electric Rain Home Page

Want to join our Forum? Click the 'Contact Us' link above and we will send you an invite.