Electric Rain Bulletin Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Electric Rain Bulletin Board » ERAIN Products » Swift 3D Wish List » Vector Detail Levels

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vector Detail Levels
Ilsoap
Member # 3004

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ilsoap   Author's Homepage   Email Ilsoap       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now, when you render to vector, it renders absolutely every little detail, no matter how small. What would be nice is if you could set the level detail you want rendered. For instance, it's not useful for me to render bits of color that are 2 pixels or smaller... if I could set the detail level, Swift could take anything that's smaller than a specified size and replace it with the largest color area near it. Same goes for rendering shadows... I don't need the bits of shadow that are smaller than a pixel, they just take up space.

Also, if two colors are really really close to one another, they should just be blended to one color. For instance, two nearly identical shades of blue... there could be a slider that changes how much color detail there is.

Overall, though, this is a great program. I'm currently using it to make characters and costumes for an online chat room (and will be able to give more details about that project shortly).

Also, is it just me, or are there a lot more people using Swift for Bitmap purposes? Swift is not a high-end 3D program... if you want stuff like HDRI, get Softimage or something. For the price, it does a lot of stuff.

Posts: 51 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Savant
Member # 78

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Savant   Author's Homepage   Email Savant   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried experimenting with the "Detail Level" slider under General Vector Output Options?

--------------------
:::Solid Thinking Interactive
:::Relics4Tomorrow
:::Evolution Series RIA
:::Foundation Swift 3D:::
Check it out: +Erain.com +Amazon.com

Posts: 1175 | From: Japan | Registered: Jul 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Electric Rain Home Page

Want to join our Forum? Click the 'Contact Us' link above and we will send you an invite.