Electric Rain Bulletin Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Electric Rain Bulletin Board » General » The Volley Zone » Yar me heartys! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Yar me heartys!
BlinkOk
Member # 983

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlinkOk   Email BlinkOk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll tell you a tale, a tale of the sea...

http://www.nlc.net.au/~oceana/swift/misc/BlinkVolley1.zip
one thing i'd like to see is a bit more with the camera work, that way each post is like a completely different creation! just a suggestion.
any way guys, go to town.
BlinkOk

Posts: 1424 | Registered: Nov 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultimate
Member # 850

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultimate   Author's Homepage   Email Ultimate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You probably wouldn't believe me, but I was thinking the exact same thing.... weird

--------------------
Player #02, Swift3D Volley Team

English Blog: www.sti-media.com/blog
Japanese Blog: www.3e4d.com/blog/

Posts: 623 | From: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: Sep 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
BlinkOk
Member # 983

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlinkOk   Email BlinkOk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, i had a couple a palm trees hangin around from a game i did. btw. the sea is transparent and it clags the render a bit. i don't think i would hurt to make it solid.
so rock my world guys!

Ultimate
Member # 850

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultimate   Author's Homepage   Email Ultimate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, here goes... but all I did is make the water more waterish....

Here's the
t3d file

[ December 04, 2002: Message edited by: Ultimate ]

--------------------

Posts: 623 | From: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: Sep 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Savant
Member # 78

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Savant   Author's Homepage   Email Savant   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
any way guys, go to town.

Eye Eye captain!

I thinks we being watched cap`n.

blackbeard.zip

[ December 04, 2002: Message edited by: Savant ]

--------------------
:::Solid Thinking Interactive
:::Relics4Tomorrow
:::Evolution Series RIA
:::Foundation Swift 3D:::
Check it out: +Erain.com +Amazon.com

Posts: 1175 | From: Japan | Registered: Jul 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultimate
Member # 850

Member Rated:
That's hilarious

--------------------

BlinkOk
Member # 983

Member Rated:
already my pc is gasping!
http://www.nlc.net.au/~oceana/swift/misc/blackbeard1.zip

[ December 04, 2002: Message edited by: BlinkOk ]

Ultimate
Member # 850

Member Rated:
I can't figure out why, I even downloaded both files, but the periscopes corner piece is missing...

Anyways I think the periscopes have noticed an enemy....(at least one of them)

t3d file 1.1mb

A brand new forum... cool

[ December 04, 2002: Message edited by: Ultimate ]

--------------------

Savant
Member # 78

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Savant   Author's Homepage   Email Savant   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the corners were made with cones. If you were by chance running an older build of Swift, they could have been displaced due to a previous issue with pivot points. In fact, I see one of them protruding from the back of the eye closest to the camera.

[ December 04, 2002: Message edited by: Savant ]

--------------------

Posts: 1175 | From: Japan | Registered: Jul 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Denver
Member # 1054

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Denver   Email Denver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmm... think I have an idea on what to add... try to post it up later today
Posts: 9 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Discrucio Anima
Member # 881

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Discrucio Anima     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, an aerial shot with no major changes coz I'm running on a Intel P2 400@448...

Tried to tweak with the jet on the left to reduce the amount of reflection... Hey, the bottle's floating?

Nah, I'll leave it to someone else

T3D (1 MB)

[ December 04, 2002: Message edited by: Discrucio Anima ]

Posts: 84 | From: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: Oct 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Electron
Member # 558

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Electron   Email Electron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arr, mateys! This scurvy sea dog has just washed ashore. Do any of ye have the beard hairs to let 'im board this volley?

[ December 04, 2002: Message edited by: Electron ]

Posts: 153 | Registered: Mar 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Electron
Member # 558

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Electron   Email Electron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...I just attempted to plunder that file and it ran aground only 647KB into the looting! I opened the treasure chest to discover a strange document written in some unearthly language! It appears the HMS T3D doesn't have its sea legs...Could I send the Cap'n to any of ye via bottle (Or email)so he may reach the island and retrieve his treasure?
BlinkOk
Member # 983

Member Rated:
Electron, post your e-mail and i'll send it too you. just make sure you got v3 coz if you don't you won't be sailing on this ship you scurvy land lubber!
Electron
Member # 558

Member Rated:
Heh? Maybe my Piratese isn't up to scruff. Or maybe it's my English. Can I send my t3d, Pirate.t3d to you so you can copy and paste the wretch into the island scene and post it? Uuhhh...You crusty barnacle.
BlinkOk
Member # 983

Member Rated:
no problem matey! email is ablinco@compuserve.com
Electron
Member # 558

Member Rated:
Arr! De seas be angry today! Shiver me vectors! Mr. BlinkOK, me good friend Cap'n Redbrow is on 'is way! But where be 'is parrot friend?
Khalsa
Member # 1035

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khalsa   Author's Homepage   Email Khalsa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way what does "Yar me heartys!" mean ??

Khalsa
khalsa82@khalsa.com
Acadiau, NS

Posts: 37 | From: NS, Canada | Registered: Nov 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultimate
Member # 850

Member Rated:
Electron, I'm thinkin' your Piratese is pretty darn good there and it's good to have you on board

Now where's that good friend of yours Cap'n Redbrow hanging about? Can't wait to see what's going to come up on this one. As for the parrot...

As for the running an older version, you're right Savant. I haven't downloaded the newest one yet(which I'm going to do right now) thanks for letting me know.

--------------------

Electron
Member # 558

Member Rated:
When a Cap'n was addressin' 'is crew, 'e'd refer t'the hairy scalawags as 'is hearties.

Thank ye far the compliments, Mr. Ultimate. I took three years o' the Pirates' tongue in me grammar school days.

I just pilfered some webspace from a French cargo ship! Har! Here be Cap'n Redbrow's favorite portrait o' his lovely face.

Arr! Me web host just stopped me remote linkin'! Click here if ye want ta see old Redbrow's distinguished count'nance up close!

The're a scurvy bunch! Don't ye worry, dough! Ay'll get et back up quicker 'an Long John Silver 'imself!

Wunn'rful! Click yer mechanical rodent here, if ye dare.

BlinkOk
Member # 983

Member Rated:
if it be treasure yar after then ye not be gettin it from this salty barnicle!
compliment of Electron;
http://www.nlc.net.au/~oceana/swift/misc/blackbeard4.zip
ps: loved that camera angle Discrucio Anima

[ December 04, 2002: Message edited by: BlinkOk ]

Electron
Member # 558

Member Rated:
'Tis a nice treasure chest! But what be in it? And be that mysterious bird?
Savant
Member # 78

Member Rated:
Electron, does me heart good ta see ya about these waters ya scurvey sea dog! We abent shipped t'getter since da great beta plundering. Arrrghh, where be the ale, cause its being time to celebrate!

--------------------

BlinkOk
Member # 983

Member Rated:
aye! any of you rum soaked sea dogs postin? coz this un's got somthin to be showin!
Electron
Member # 558

Member Rated:
Aye! Savant, me bucko! How've ye been, y'olde squid?

Ya did quite the bilge-swabbin' on tose monkeys, me boy! Yar-har-har! O, dis volleyin' be more fun 'an pillagin' a rowin' team! Me tong be tied en knots, though!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Electric Rain Home Page

Want to join our Forum? Click the 'Contact Us' link above and we will send you an invite.